Zumba Gold Fitness is a class format offered by Zumba, whilst the Brisbane City Councils events for seniors are also called GOLD (Growing Old and Living Dangerously).
Let me explain ...
Zumba GOLD Fitness class format
- Zumba GOLD Fitness is one of the class formats offered by Zumba - a global organisation with instructors and classes in 180 countries.
- Zumba offers a variety of dance-fitness classes including Zumba Fitness (the original version), Zumba Gold Fitness (what I teach), Aqua Zumba, and many, many more!
- The Zumba Gold Fitness class format was created specifically for active older adults (as well as for fitness beginners).
- Explore all of the Zumba class formats here.
GOLD events for seniors
- Brisbane City Council offers a variety of free and low-cost fitness and wellbeing activities under the Active and Healthy Program.
- The GOLD program is a section of the Active and Healthy Program and stands for Growing Old and Living Dangerously. The GOLD program focuses on activities suitable for seniors.
- For more info on Active and Healthy events (including GOLD events for seniors), start here.
Here's a fun fact: all of my Zumba Gold Fitness classes under the Council's Active and Healthy Program (with the exception of Richlands) are actually in Active Parks (which is for ALL AGES) - and NOT in the GOLD events for SENIORS. Please note that the format for all my Zumba Gold Fitness classes are the same, so all classes are suitable for older active adults.
What this means is that... just because a class is called Zumba GOLD Fitness doesn't mean it's categorised as a GOLD event for seniors in the Council's Active and Healthy Program. In other words, if you're looking for Zumba Gold Fitness classes on the Active and Healthy website, I highly recommend you search for ALL active and healthy events (not just Seniors and GOLD events).
Did that clear things up or is your head in a spin???
View Active & Healthy events (including GOLD events for seniors)
View Zumba class formats